Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Emily Henderson's Blog

I have been a fan of HGTV for years. I have shows that I love and some....not so much at all! My favorite right now is Secrets From a Stylist with Emily Henderson. She is adorably cute and I watched her win on Design Star. I absolutely love her show because her style is most like mine. Mostly, I would rather shop at a thrift store and re-purpose than to buy new. I do not like the look of "perfect". Part of that feeling, is that I have never been financially able to walk into a retail store and just purchase what I like. So, over the years, I have learned to adore up-cycled, re-purposed, and creative alternatives. I would describe my style as Shabby Chic meets Junk Market meets Cottage Garden with touches of modern thrown in to make it look updated and not like Grandmother's basement. One of the pieces in my living room that gets the most comments is a little end table that I picked up for $2 and painted a soft cream. It really is cute. I will post a photo soon. It's quirky and not perfect but so cute!
I wondered if Emily had a blog or a facebook page, so imagine my delight when this link showed up in my facebook feed for HGTV. I know you will enjoy it! I leaving right now to go back and enjoy it but first I had to share it with all of you! ENJOY!

No comments: