Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Combing Teddy

Awhile back I found a framed print of this picture at an estate sale. The frame was gold and ornate and lovely, but it was the sweet image that really grabbed my heart. The Victorian artist is Sarah McGregor. She has other beautiful paintings as well. I just love the sweet innocence of this one and the adorable little sisters. They are fixing up their beloved teddy bear...combing his fur and adding red ribbons. The older girl is showing the younger one how it's done. Yesterday was a stressful day for me, and I came across this picture just sitting in a storage area of my studio. I decided that it needed to be hung up! I put it in my bedroom next to my vanity. There is something about this that calms me and makes me think about the sweet days when my darling children were much smaller. It makes me happy!

No comments: