Friday, May 20, 2011

My Poppy Seed Dressing





Since the first of this year, my husband and I have been on a mission to get healthy. We eat large amounts of lettuce salads. This homemade salad dressing is my absolute favorite. My husband loves it too! I hope you will try it and let me know what you think. I actually CRAVE salads with this dressing on it. I think about salads while I am on the treadmill. I come home from my fitness center and make up a plate of delicious salad. I mix this dressing in my Tupperware Quick Shake container and store it in the door of the fridge. Yummy!
Recipe for Poppy Seed Dressing
1/2 cup of water
3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 TB poppy seeds
3 TSP dried minced onion
1 TSP worcestershire sauce
1/2 TSP dried paprika
Shake vigorously in your Quick Shake and chill for at least one hour.
(You can adjust the amounts of the ingredients to suit your tastes)

No comments: